Thursday, April 16, 2009

Music As Part of My Life

When I was in high school, I was not a music lover. But, music became part of my life when I madly fell in love with someone when I was 16 years old. Since I was inspired, the type of music I was listening to had a themes of love and emotions.


Time passed, I was broken-hearted and I started to hate love songs or any similar sounds. My reactions and reasons were so obvious why I hated emotional music so much. I do not want to feel the pain or remember any of the past that broke my heart for the very first time in my life.

key chain traditional / cultural drums

Since I was trying to avoid love music, this directed me to change the music I wanted to hear. Rock or alternative rock replace the music I had been listening to. Alternative rock music helped me to forget all the heartaches happened to my life during my high school time. And I can say that there is a part of me being thankful, because of the situation happened to me, it led me discover one part of myself. I realized that I like the combination of sounds of drums and guitars. I love to hear the background music of the songs. I am fascinated to listen to the base sounds.

Up to this moment, I used to listen to alternative rock music. Not because I am still affected by my past, but because I fell in love with the type of sounds. I discovered lots of beautiful songs of old and new artist in this field. And there was a time that I dreamed to become part of the band, playing music instruments such as drummer (this is one of my frustration in my life that did not happened to me).

Music is part of my life. Maybe specific situation led me to appreciate it. My music preference changed but this led me to understand myself in another way.

3 comments:

ninja April 19, 2009 at 2:08 AM  

That must of been a pretty bad heartbreak if you don't look back at it with tender distance.

The Explorer April 19, 2009 at 8:11 PM  

It was a bad heartbreak and I already moved on...thanks for dropping by on this blog.

Inday April 26, 2009 at 5:03 PM  

Poor thing! Poor music! Past events are always beyond our liking. However, they are inevitable and sometimes, perhaps, they meant to be for the reason Unknown.

Anyway, at least you still have music embedded in you. I remember one Peruvian father who spoke to his wife, " you bent your frustrations to the children." This statement has a corollary to your heartache and music.

Mind Readers

Visitors

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP