Monday, April 27, 2009

Where Are We Going?

"Where are we going?". There are times that this question are so complicated to answer. Even myself sometimes struggle to find the answer of this difficult inquiry. But because this life in this world are so interesting, we might find ourselves learning where we wanted to go and even we might understand where are the other people are going.


There were two kinds of people. First, the people who knew where they are going. And second, the people who have no idea where they are moving. The people who knew where they are going are the people who have visions in their lives. They are the people who understand their selves. They know what they like, they know what they wanted to be and they can see their future. On the contrary, the people who has blurry knowledge about their selves are the people who does not know what they really like, no idea what they wanted to be and they are the people who do not know themselves.


We all experience the state of mind asking ourselves "What do I really want?", "Am I happy now?", "Is it worth doing this?", "Is this for real?". We are all under the process of understanding ourselves. Sometimes, it is confusing to understand ourselves and most of the time, it takes time before it happen.

Understanding where we are going is really important in our life because our future depends on it.

6 comments:

Maggie May April 30, 2009 at 6:46 AM  

Yes, these are issues that we have to review. I think as you get older then you start to realize where you want to go and what you want in life.Hope this happens to you.
Thanks for visiting me.

The Explorer May 1, 2009 at 2:25 AM  

I learned so much for the past years of my life. And even as of this time, I am still in the process of understanding the other aspects of myself that I really like and wanted to happen.

Thanks for visiting Maggie

KB May 5, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

I love this post and your beautiful sunset shot.

I am one of those people who hasn't figured out where she is going but I am enjoying the journey.

James May 8, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

I came to your blog trough another blog, which I enjoy to read ("i Share"). I felt curious to meet another "explorer" :) ...I think I had pretty much the same in mind when I started my own blog (just a couple months ago) ...lol, I think even the format is kind of similar.

Anyway, I was thinking about what you said about people either knowing where they are going or not knowing themselves. I agree that understanding yourself is a process, and it is probably an evergoing process, since we ourselves are changing all the time, but I don't think I fit in either category. I think I know myself rather well, and I have an idea (this idea might be rather blurry, but it is just a way of keeping my options open) of where I'd like to be, but I have no idea of where am I going... I think life has a way of changing your plans, specially when you plan too long ahead (hmm... maybe I'll post something about this sometime).
Sometimes you know what you want but it takes you a while to figure out how to get it (just the opposite of that Sex Pistol's song)...

Meaybe blogs like this are a way of getting to know yourself, and, why not, get to know some other people in the process, don't you think?

P.S.
do you speak spanish? ...I was curious about how many people still speak (at least some) spanish in "las islas Filipinas".

The Explorer May 8, 2009 at 2:50 PM  

KB --> Thanks for appreciating the photo, I may feature that place in the next couple of weeks in my other blog "Las Islas Filipinas"


James --> Your idea had been very well said about this entry in my blog. I am actually the same with you. I liked categorizing peoples condition, thoughts and the like, to find out and understand where I belong. But this is not necessarily mean it is absolute category. It is actually an idea. I like thinking about lot of things and trying to understand them. Sometimes, our world is so complicated to understand and I am trying to simplify the way I understand it.

Is it not lovely to think an idea?

No, I do not speak Spanish. I wish I could. I used "Las Islas Filipinas" in my other blog because this is the origin of the name of my country which derived from the name from King Philip II of Spain. It is something like islands of King Philip or "The Philippine Islands" in the right translation.

Just to add, during the Spanish Colony time, few filipinos learned to speak Spanish and those are the rich filipinos that time. Spain never taught this language. But I can say most of Filipino words we used derived in spanish language.

I appreciate the visit to my blog. Thanks again.

Inday May 20, 2009 at 2:36 AM  

When you are young, those two questions are the most likely to get into your mind. Once you get old, you can't be bothered anymore where you are going or where you are moving. lol. As in my case, I have done my job for my children; now, it's time to work something for myself. It can be a lonely life but it's up to me to choose whether I'm going to be happy or I'm going to be miserable. I choose to be happy doing little simple things that gives me pleasure. Like blogging. lol.

cheers!

Mind Readers

Visitors

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP