Monday, April 20, 2009

Wonders Of The World Will Be Gone?


I know for myself that I love traveling specially if the place is really wonderful. For the past years, that I experienced to see the other world aside from my own country I am always stunned by the things that I discovered. But every time I see ugliness in one place I feel terribly sad. Most of the time, I asked myself, why this part of this place became like this? I am trying to find an answer if this was caused by nature. But most of the time I realized that it was caused by people's negligence.

I read, heard and watched news of all things that cause by destruction of the beauty of our world. First, endless war. Second, people's selfishness and greediness. Third, people's ignorance. And many more.

War resulted a massive destruction in natural habitat of human kind, animal and plant kingdom. As an example of this case, the historical places exist in Iraq. I learned that Iraq has lots of historic places and treasures that were already destroyed because of war. I hope there are still things and places that remain intact to preserve the heritage of this country.

People's selfishness and greediness also the main reasons why the wonders of this world ruined. We have lot of cases like this in my country. We have famous Pasig River, one of the biggest and longest river in Metro Manila but its beauty had gone a long time ago. Our government tried to do something to save it but they did not tried hard enough. There are lots of companies existed beside this river that contributes to the pollution of it and even there is task force or group tried to clean it up the cycle of contaminating the water are continuous and will not end.

People's ignorance also contributes to the destruction of the beauty of our world. People used to take nothing as responsibility to the environment. Most of these people did not realize that there are simple ways to take care of it. But I know there is hope, like the of one country that I admired which is Canada. I saw that they tried their best to take care of their environments. How? By very simple way. I saw that they tried to implement to separate garbage that can be recycle from non-recyclable. And they tried to manage their waste properly. And what will be the result of it at the end? Well, I once witness the beauty of their wonderful places which proves that their nature are very lucky with their people.

I am a person who still dream to see the other fascinating wonders of the world and wants to discover its unique beauty. But it maybe too late for me because most of them are endangered in the hands of human kind.

3 comments:

Reader Wil April 21, 2009 at 3:25 AM  

I fully agree with you that humanity had done and is still doing great harm to our planet. I always demonstrated against the nuclear tests in the Pacific and in deserts. I am a pacifist and abhor the arms race all over the world! Thanks for your visit and have a great week!

The Explorer April 24, 2009 at 1:49 AM  

All I can do to contribute is to put the garbage on its right place, but most of the time I kind of sad because not all people used to do that.

Inday April 26, 2009 at 4:58 PM  

A good conscientious person like you will go too far! Your thoughts are well organized and your discerning power over the environs is commendable. The ruins are done by politics and it's the politics that should be discarded first. They are the ones who caused all desolations of our beautiful habitations. Nature only reacts to human stupidities. If you see Switzerland, you will know what I mean!

Mind Readers

Visitors

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP