Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pause For A Moment



Well I just thought to share what I experienced last Sunday. I was busy doing something and I checked the weather in the afternoon by looking at the sky outside the house and I guess it is going to rain. After an hour, rain fell. My younger sister invited me to go outside and play under the rain. At first, I rejected her and told her to go ahead on her own. Then, rain gets tougher, then I realized, it was a long time ago that I played under the rain. I stood up and I found myself outside the house and got wet under the rain. It felt good to feel the rain drops again with my face. The feeling was so strange like I never experience it before. The water was cold but it did not really bothered me. While I was soaking myself under the rain, I realized that sometimes it felt good to be just like under the rain, felt the simplicity of life. No problems, no work, like all the things that surrounded me are just nothing, it was just like me and the rain. I was like this for almost an hour, like my world had stop moving for a while, it made me relax for a moment.

Before I end that moment, I grab my digital camera and took some shots of the rain, most of them are not good..c",) but I chose best two for this blog.

10 comments:

SandyCarlson April 21, 2009 at 5:41 PM  

I know that under the rain feeling! You say it so eloquently.

RA April 22, 2009 at 8:33 AM  

I love slightly rain! It gives me a calm and relaxed feeling. Raindrops are one of my favorite photo objects. Have a great day :)

kazu April 23, 2009 at 3:27 AM  

It's beautiful.
Great photos!

Indrani April 23, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

The droplets are so clear and the feeling so well expressed. Lovely post.

Guy D April 24, 2009 at 12:25 AM  

I agree that being in the rain brings a sense of peace, I do it as often as possible. Great pics as always.

Guy

The Explorer April 24, 2009 at 1:51 AM  

sandy, rosidah, kazu, indrani and guy...thanks for visiting.

i really felt good after it was happened.

Inday April 26, 2009 at 4:51 PM  

Such a simplicity of life that we have pictured in our mind. Rain shower was a luxury in our time way back home and I agree with you as you described the relaxing moment under the rain. The rain flowing down the papaya tree looks like a cellophane protecting those green fruits. Perfectly captured!

Rinkly Rimes April 27, 2009 at 12:44 AM  

It would have been nice to see you playing in the rain.

The Explorer April 27, 2009 at 7:31 AM  

Ms. Bonnie, thanks for the great comments.

Rinkly Rimes, I am not used to the front of camera, I prefer to be at the back of camera...c",)

2sweetnsaxy May 13, 2009 at 11:55 PM  

These are great. I love the rain.
:-)

Mind Readers

Visitors

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP