Sunday, July 5, 2009

Environmental Awareness

I just like to share my thoughts about environmental awareness. I see a lot of things happening around us that shows that people are now becoming aware of our environment current and even future conditions.

I just picked one of the old issue of TIME magazine, it is actually a supplemental magazine in TIME. The cover shows that the content are more into fashion. I did scan some of the pages until I found an article that interest me. The article title is "The New Gold Standard" if you want to read the whole article, you can read it online "The New Gold Standard" .

The article thought me a lot of things, although I am already aware that mining and related activities has a tremendous effects in our environment, the article shows that people are changing its way to do their business when it comes jewelries. It is great to know that people are becoming unselfish.

Because of the article, it made me realized that the jewelries that people are wearing means two things for me: aside that it represents wealthy and richness of the people, it also represents environmental issues. And those who are into this business should consider the truth about mining gemstones, gold, and the like has adverse effect to the nature. I learned that famous businesses are already engaging themselves. But I hope everyone into this business must take a serious consideration and put into action of how they do their business.

1 comments:

Think Green Thursday July 15, 2009 at 7:42 PM  

This is such an important topic and perfect for Think Green Thursday. I just watched a program on diamonds and how they are mined and what problems it causes. You made such a good point about what wearing jewelry really means..Thank you so much for posting this for Think Green Thursday and I am so sorry for being so late to visit...Michelle

Mind Readers

Visitors

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP